oh my rajasthan! logo
 

Rajasthan Government passes 5% reservation bill for Gurjar community

The Gurjar agitation for reservation has entered its sixth day, with protestors continuing to block railway tracks and roads. Rajasthan Government passed 5% reservation for Gurjar community.

Scroll down for more.!

Gurjar community of rajasthan

Gurjar community of rajasthan

The Rajasthan government today passed the bill in the assembly session on the Gurjar community for 5% combined reservation in government facilities. On the other hand Gurjar's demand for an additional 5% as well as on 10% reservation for economically weaker sections.

The Gurjar agitation for reservation has entered its sixth day, with protestors continuing to block railway tracks and roads. Amid the protests, the Rajasthan government conducted meetings throughout Tuesday at the state secretariat to discuss the quota issue with ministers and other Congress leaders.

Gujjar agitation leader Kirori Bainsla and his supporters began their indefinite sit-in on railway tracks in Malarna Dungar of Sawai Madhopur on last Friday evening.

At present, the Gujjar community in Rajasthan have 1% reservation under the Most Backward Classes (MBC) within the 50% legal limit. The demand for separate five per cent reservation for the Gujjars was struck down by the Rajasthan High Court in 2017. The state government has moved the Supreme Court against the Rajasthan HC order.

Gujjars have argued that the 10% reservation announced by the Centre also exceeds the 50% reservation limit.

Tags

See Also

News

rajasthan tourist diaries

सुर्खियां

rajasthan tourist diaries
Contact Us
Oh My Rajasthan !
:
Maroon Door Communications Private Limited,
520-522, North Block, Tower-2,
World Trade Park,
Jaipur, Rajasthan,
India 302017
:
0141 - 2728866
Quick Links
Follow Us
oh my rajasthan! instagram
Get In Touch

Copyright Oh My Rajasthan 2016