Churu is famous for the shifting sand dunes of the Thar Desert and beautiful grand havelis with marvelous fresco paintings, namely Kanhaiya lal Bagla ki Haweli and Surana Haweli, with hundreds of small windows. It also has some fine Chhatris. Near the town is a religious seat of the Nath sect of Sadhus where there are life-size Marble statue of their deities and a place for prayers. There stands a Dharam Stup, a symbol of religious equality. At the centre of the town is a fort built about 400 years ago.
Sethani Ka Johara - Sethani Ka Johara lies on the north side of the road perhaps 5 km west of Churu along the Ratangarh road. It is perhaps the finest johara (reservoir) in the area in that it is not only attractive but also efficient, holding a store of water, often from one monsoon to the next. It was built in 1899 by the widow of Bhagwan Das Bagla as part of the famine relief projects that the merchants financed in those terrible years of the close of the century. A peaceful place, it attracts various birds and animals, including Nilgais, in winter.
Kanhaiyalal Bagla Haveli - Kanhaiyalal Bagla Haveli is a beautiful structure, which stands on the south of the main bazaar. Constructed in around 1880, the haveli represents the finest lattice work and architectural styles in the entire Shekhawati region. The murals and wall paintings of the haveli depict Dhola and Maru, the romantic couple from folk tales, on a camel. The walls of the haveli are also adorned with the episodes of Dhola- Maru, the lovers fleeing on their camel.
Aath Kambh Chhatri - Aath Kambh Chhatri, one of the buildings possessing great historical significance, is an eight pillared dome that stands on the northern side of the town. Lying between the premises adjoining the western side of the vegetable market, the chhatri is believed to be constructed in 1776. Over the years, the windblown sand has virtually buried the base of the structure, while the interiors are still adorned with beautiful murals and stone carved paintings.
Ratangarh Fort - Located on the Agra-Bikaner Highway, the Ratangarh Fort was built in the early 18th century by Surat Singh, who named it after his son Ratan Singh, and boasts imposing gateways, several monuments (which are mostly in ruins today) and a clock tower, which is also known as Ghantaghar. The Ratangarh Fort makes for a lovely tourist destination, surrounded by several ethnic villages.
Tal Chappar Sanctuary - The Tal Chappar Sanctuary is not a just a plain tract but it also has some scattered flat grassland with interspersed prosopis trees and Acacia, making it look like a typical Savanna Forest. Tal Chappar Sanctuary, situated On the very boundary of the Great Indian Thar Desert is the house of the most exquisite Antelope in India, the 'Black Buck'.
Salasar Balaji Temple - Salasar Balaji or Salasar Dham in India is a place of religious importance for the devotees of Hanuman. It is located in the town of Salasar, on National Highway 65 near Sujangarh in Churu district, Rajasthan.
Other places to visit on a tour to Churu